Saturday, July 15, 2006

Review time!

Review, doesnt that sound familiar to you at all? So u 've heard it umpteen times in the office, church, from ur finnancial planner, the associations that u are affliated with, even in the food court n maybe sometimes in a relationship. IT's a word that's so overused, abused n very cliche indeed. Yr boss, department heads use it all the time, usually it's a way to tell u how badly u've done or how yr performance fall short of their expectation, or maybe how u could do better. Jeez... when is yr performance good enuff anyway?

This review for me now is how I 've done in the past 3 weeks.

Average no of cigarettes per day : 6 to 7
No of drinking sessions : 3
No of times swearing : 2 (approx)
No of times I lose my cool : 2

No of times I prayed : 12
No of times I read the bible : 4

Oh yes, n I studied for my estate planning exam and flung it! Well, not fantastic but at least I think I scored in the swearing department. Hopefully, I can score a nil in my next review.

I think the past weeks have been horrendous. I have to much on my plate n spread myself too thin, I think. My dark colored laundry is piling up, no spilling over actually. My dog needs a bath, I owe him 5 walks and he probably hates me now.

Thank God I managed to steal some time for reading. Fantastic book I must say, by author Jane Green, yes, it's another chick flick. Brillantly written. Rading is a luxury for me nowadays. I love romancing a good book. I manage to indulge in a foot reflexology and boiled soup twice, yummy. N yes, I had a 9hr session mahjong which was fantastic. I m now $50 closer to buying my dream home. Now it doesnt seem so bad. I took time off. I oso signed up for bible studies class which I 've attended 2 sessions. It was fun n enriching, not the boring types I expected.

I need to focus on my work now. The most neglected part of my life right now. But I must say that God has blessed my tremendously on my miserable no of hrs work. And please please pray a lot.Continue to work on my temper, swearing n yes, please please save money(on my oredi shitty pay). Be extremely thrifty.

Hang in there!!! God bless me...

Seek 1st the kingdom of God n his righteousness n the rest shall be added to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vandalin said...

Reviews are good. In fact, some of the greatest people in the world are also the people who review their lives constantly.

I'm doing my own major review on Wednesday, after work. No point putting off till tomorrow. Right now, I'm getting into the habit of a quick and dirty review every day.

Ganbantte!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Birkenstocker said...

yeah, i no but still....as long as u r doing it for monitoring n self improvement, dat's great, i think.

Cheers!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home